U.S. MISSION TO VIETNAM
PUBLIC AFFAIRS SECTIONS
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2017 FULBRIGHT UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (FUV) YOUNG SOUTHEAST ASIAN LEADERS INITIATIVE (YSEALI) SUMMER SCHOOL
Ho Chi Minh City
July 24-28, 2017
The U.S. Mission to Vietnam and the Fulbright University Vietnam seek candidates for the 2017 FUV YSEALI Summer School. YSEALI members in Vietnam who demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university or place of work, an interest in community service and volunteerism, and have a good command of English, are invited to apply for the program. The application deadline is 11:59PM, Sunday, February 19, 2017.
Launched in 2013, the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is the U.S. government’s signature program to strengthen partnerships with emerging leaders in Southeast Asia; to expand their skills as effective civic, economic and non-governmental leaders in the region; and to encourage them to work together across borders to solve regional challenges.
The 2017 FUV YSEALI Summer School will host 40 YSEALI members from all over Vietnam to a one-week program in Ho Chi Minh City where they will deepen their knowledge about entrepreneurship and innovation, and share their experiences and perspectives to help Vietnam reach its fullest potential. The participants will have opportunities to enhance their soft skills such as creative thinking, communication, negotiation, teamwork and adaptation through a variety of trainings, presentations, and competitions.
All participant costs, including travel, incidental allowances, housing and subsistence expenses will be paid for by the U.S. Mission to Vietnam.
– Be a YSEALI member. Join YSEALI at https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/
– Be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application;
– Be a Vietnamese citizen;
– Be a full-time undergraduate student or have graduated in the past four years from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning;
– Be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English;
– Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university, place of work, and/or community;
– Demonstrate interest, knowledge, or professional experience in entrepreneurship;
– Demonstrate a commitment to or interest in community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
– Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States and ASEAN as a region; and
– Have a commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit their community, country, or the ASEAN region.
How to apply
Complete application dossier includes:
- Completed application form https://goo.gl/VIDqXZ;
- Official transcripts for years of university study, and university degree if you already graduated
These two documents should be combined in one PDF file, and submitted online.
Eligible candidates are requested to submit their complete application dossier online at http://goo.gl/VPUq1V and send any questions to:
Public Affairs Section
United States Consulate General
2017 FUV YSEALI Summer School
4 Le Duan Street, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: (84) (8) 3520-4657
The application deadline is 11:59PM, Sunday, February 19, 2017.